Welcome to the 27th edition of encephalon! Let’s start some cephalization…
- Jon Bardin has posted a second part to his initial neuroesthetics theorizing. You can read part 1 here and part 2 here.
- Michael F. Shaughnessy interviews Ben Hansen on ‘The Drugging of America’.
- Ouroboros looks at calcium channels in Parkinson’s Disease.
- For all you neuroimagers, a quick blurb and referral to a paper about paramagnetic effects of supplemental oxygen on FLAIR images from the ‘Cool MRI stuff blog’.
- Kudos to the guys at Mind Hacks for sending in a post on The Cramps. Also from Mind Hacks, a post about temporal lobe epilepsy and the herpes virus.
- The Mouse Trap has been thinking about altruism lately.
- And so has Pure Pendantry. Jake and Kara tag-team a game theory experiment which looks at the effects of testosterone on altruistic punishment. Jake goes solo on generalized reciprocity in rats.
- A skin patch for Alzheimer’s Disease? Shelley at Retrospectacle takes a gander.
- I love this title so much I will add nothing more other than saying it comes from Sharp Brains. Check out ‘Pink dolphin sheds light on human evolution‘.
- Finally, The Neurocritic looks at neuropeptide Y and the future of cosmetic surgery. And something else, I can’t quite remember. Ummm… yeah, two posts on memory and forgetting.
The next encephalon is being held at Bohemian Scientist on July 30th. As usual, you can always send your posts to encephalon dot host at gmail dot com.